夏令營第三周 校外教學- 動物園 近距離之大探險


夏令營第三周 校外教學

動物園近距離之大探險

Making Friends at the Zoo




As anyone that knows me will tell you, I love animals, even insects!! On my hikes in Taiwan, I regularly look for bugs to play with. One of my friends is a zookeeper at the zoo and he recently moved to the 'insectarium' part of the zoo. I was lucky enough to go back stage and hold some of the zoo's private collection. There are thousands of insects! On one of the trips in the Summer Camp, I'll be taking my students to the zoo. My students will have the chance to hold a leaf insect, a Malaysian stick insect (the largest insect in the world) as well as butterflies. Who is brave enough?!

認識霍爾斯老師的人都知道他超愛昆蟲與動物。他爬山時總是邊尋找路邊的蟲蟲! 老師有一位朋友在動物園的昆蟲館工作。他邀請我們暑假到動物園的時候, 到他的辦公室參觀, 近距離的觀察這些動物園裡的稀客! 看看誰膽子? 敢讓這些昆蟲爬到你身上喔! 喜歡昆蟲的同學別錯過了!


The largest leaf insect in the world. Do any of my students want to hold her? She's very friendly!

A black beauty stick insect!

The smaller one is the male. He rides the female to stop her from get another boyfriend!

This giant Malaysian stick insect is the largest insect in Taiwan and she still isn't fully grown! Come to the zoo with me and you can get close with these bugs and many more :)
Share on Google Plus

About Holmes English Academy

0 comments:

Post a Comment